No to rope toys!

Lola & Rumba passed away tragically after ingesting a rope toy that they had chewed and swallowed. The rope then tangled around and blocked their intestines & internal organs.

Many owners do not know about how potentially dangerous these toys are! Please, consider throwing out all of your rope toys! Or, at the very least, never ever ever allow your dogs to chew them unattended.  Actually, you shouldn’t really allow your dog to chew ANY toys unattended– there is always a risk of choking, intestinal blockage, getting their tongues, teeth, or lips stuck, etc. But rope toys are especially hazardous!

Poor, sweet Lola & Rumba. My heart just breaks for their parents. I cannot even IMAGINE how they are feeling. This is just an unspeakable loss.

|

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “No to rope toys!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s